Celebration of Soccer
The Spring 2021 Season should continue to be about celebrating the kids playing the game, more than strictly results.
Season Requirements, Modifications, Guidance
BAYS and each BAYS organization is responsible for following the regulations and guidance of the following entities in structuring and playing in the Spring 2021 season
Massachusetts Youth Soccer
- Centers for Disease Control & Mass. Department of Health
Federal and state authorities
Local Town Board of Health
Spring 2021 will be issued as a 10 game season with tiered divisions and sections of registered teams. We understand some BAYS towns may not be playing in the league.
- Towns provide the same placement inputs for teams: Division requested (1-4), Hi-Med-Lo evaluated skill, Ordinal Rank, Comments
- If teams are requesting placement in an MTOC-eligible division, all MTOC requirements must be met since we will not know at the time of registration whether or not the MTOC Tournament will be allowed to be held given COVID restrictions at the time.
BAYS will rely on these town placement inputs and prior team records to decide section compositions
Geographic considerations will weigh heavily to try to keep teams local
Swaps will be allowed this season.
Games will be scheduled on the Memorial Day weekend for Youth teams in grades 3-8.
MTOC and Presidents' Cup
- Since we do not know at this time if COVID guidelines will allow tournament play this spring, BAYS is not making a decision on MTOC or Presidents' Cup until May.
- BAYS voted that NO player passcards will be required for any regular season games this season
- MTOC stamped rosters ARE required
- NOTE: To keep options open however, all teams requesting placement in MTOC-eligible divisions must meet MTOC requirements.
Key Dates - Youth Teams Grades 3-8
|Spring Season 2021|
|Team Registration 3-8 Opens||1/11|
|Team Registration 3-8 CLOSES @ 12:00 noon||2/1|
|Placement Committee 3-8||2/4|
|Initial Placement meeting 3-8||2/10|
|Initial Placements posted 3-8||2/12|
|Placement Changes 3-8||2/15-3/1|
|Placement Committee - Revised Placements||3/1|
|General Placement Meeting||3/3|
|Final Placements Posted||3/5|
|Field Sharing - Grade 3-8 CLOSES @ 9:00AM||3/5-3/12|
|Spring Schedule Posted Grade 3-8||3/22*|
|Division Directors Assigned - Roster Dashboard Open||3/22|
|Start of Spring 2021 for Grades 3-8||4/10|
|MTOC Roster Freeze Date||5/12|
|End of Spring 2021 for Grades 3-8||6/12|
* Schedule is later than originally promised because some clubs were LATE putting in Field Sharing which caused a delay in that process.
Key Dates - HS Teams Grades 9-12, 11, and 12/PG
The seven week HS grade group season will be scheduled to start Sunday April 25 and end June 13. HS Games will NOT be scheduled on the Memorial Day weekend.
If MTOC will be held, playoffs will be scheduled June 14-24 with MTOC playing June 25-27, 2021.
|Team Registration Open for HS||3/2|
|Team Registration Closes for HS teams at 9:00AM||3/22|
|Placement Committee - HS Placements||3/22|
|Initial Placements Posted for HS||3/24|
|Placement Changes - HS||3/24-3/29|
|Field Sharing - HS||3/24-3/29|
|Placement Committee - Revised Placements||3/29|
|Final Placements Posted for HS||3/31|
|Division Directors Assigned - Roster Dashboard Open||4/1|
|Spring Schedule Posted - HS||4/7|
|Start of Spring 2021 HS teams||4/25|
|MTOC Roster Freeze Date||5/12|
|End of Spring 2021 for HS teams||6/13|