BAYS Playoffs Match Advisory for Referees:
BEFORE ARRIVING at the FIELD
- Read THIS
- Wear referee yellow shirt / black shorts / long, black (referee) socks
- Wear BAYS RESPECT armband, if you have it.
- Make sure your current patch is visible.
Medfield Wheelock Fields Map, 17 Elm Street, Medfield, MA 02052
Merchant Field Map, 99 Merchant Road, Framingham, MA 01702
Acton-Boxboro Lower Fields Map, 66 Hayward Road, Acton, MA 01720
Acton-Boxboro Leary Field Map, 16 Charter Road, Acton, MA 01720
BEFORE the GAME
- Be at the field 30 minutes before the game time
- Check in with the BAYS Field Marshal
- Find the correct field for your specific game. Field maps linked above.
- Check the field and goals. Corner flags should be present.
- Check that ALL coaches (max of 3) are wearing their 2022-2023 CREDENTIALS
- Credentials are REQUIRED
- There MUST be at least one adult coach WITH a CREDENTIAL for each team to start the game
- Report coaches who will not leave the sideline to the Field Marshal.
- Check in the teams.
- Rosters - two paper copies
- Must be signed by the coach
- Must have BAYS League Registrar MTOC eligible stamp
- Player Numbers must be listed - No Duplicates
- Player photo IDs needed: Stamped Team Photo ID sheet or Player ID passcards should be presented. If not, tell the Field Marshal.
- Players not present crossed off.
Should all be similar. If not, tell Field Marshal
Safety check for players
No earrings (even taped), please.
START of GAME
FIFA Processional procedure (for FINALS Only)
- Walk out to center of field with ball
- Teams follow behind in separate, single lines
- At the center of the field, the teams line up either side of the ref crew facing the spectator sideline.
- Pause for 30-60 seconds (allow for pics)
- Teams go to their benches.
- CR could give one short blow of the whistle to signal the end of the procession time.
DURING THE GAME
- No special rules during the game for playoffs. Regular BAYS Match Rules
- Keep up with play.
- Make calls. Consult ARs as needed.
- Make sure EVERYONE knows what the call is.
- Game must get to a result so teams will be trying extra hard.
- Call fouls/foul throws-ins etc. as you see them.
- Do not let things go, unless there is a clear advantage.
Length of Playoff Games:
- Grade 6: 2 x 30 minute halves
- Grade 8: 2 x 35 minute halves
- Grade 10: 2 x 40 minute halves
- Grade 12: 2 x 45 minute halves
Playoff Resolution If game is TIED at FULL TIME
BAYS PLAYOFFS (Grade 8, 10, and 12)
Two full TEN-MINUTE OVERTIME periods
BAYS PLAYOFFS (Grade 6)
Two full FIVE-MINUTE OVERTIME periods
If TIED AT THE END OF BOTH OVERTIME periods
The game is decided by kicks from the penalty mark. FULL IFAB RULES
- Toss coin to choose ends
- Toss coin to choose who kicks first (winner chooses first or second)
- Best of five.
- If tied after 5 kicks each, continue until one team has scored a goal more than the other from the same number of kicks
Notwithstanding the above provisions, at the end of regulation time the referee may decide, due to adverse weather or impending darkness, NOT to play any overtime and to proceed directly to kicks from the penalty mark.
AFTER the GAME
- Report Red Card to Field Marshals
- Fill out game reports immediately