Season Considerations and Dates
Fall 2023 will be a regular 10-game season with tiered divisions and sections of registered teams.
Towns provide placement inputs for teams: Division requested (1-4), Hi-Med-Lo evaluated skill, Ordinal Rank, Comments. https://bays.org/content/registrar-team-inputs-explained
- Please take extra time to consider relevent playing records, swap history, and team composition changes when requesting fall team placements.
- Consider the potential for frequent player conflicts when deciding on how many players should be rostered on teams.
- Confirm player availability to avoid the potential for dropping a team after team placement has occurred.
- Multi-grade teams are possible to help with low numbers in a specific grade.
- BAYS relies on these town placement inputs and prior team records to decide section compositions.
Geographic considerations will be taken into consideration, particularly in Divisions 3 and 4.
- Swaps will be allowed in all sections..
Games will be scheduled on the the holiday weekend (10/7) for Youth teams in grades 3-8
Please NOTE: Mass Youth Soccer updated their required general player liability waiver language, as well as the requirement that their page about the Codes of Conduct and Zero Tolerance policies be linked on all affiliated Club websites. Information about those items can be found at:
High School Grade 912 Notes:
- Adult athletes (any player 18 or older or turning 18 during the season) playing on a team with athletes younger than 18 have to complete SafeSport training per the Mass Youth Adult Athlete policy PRIOR to being listed on a roster.
Note that the due date for HS team placements has been moved later and the HS schedule compressed to allow more time for towns to finalize HS team rosters. There have been issues when teams are placed based on preliminary player data or guesses. We want to improve placements by seeking better information about real team roster composition. Please take this into account when planning your HS teams.
Games will not be scheduled for High School teams on the holiday weekend (10/8)
Key Dates - Fall 2023 - Youth Teams Grades 3-8
|Team Registration Open 3-8 Closes @ Noon on 7/10||6/26-7/10|
|Placement Committee 3-8||7/11|
|Initial Placement BOD Meeting 3-8||7/12|
|Initial Placements Posted 3-8||7/19|
|Placement Change Requests 3-8 Closes @ Noon||7/19-8/1|
|Placement Committee - Revised Placements||8/1|
|General Placement Meeting/FALL INVOICE PAYMENTS Due||8/9|
|Field Sharing/Special Game Time - Grade 3-8 Closes @ Noon||8/11|
|Final Placements Posted||8/11|
|Mass Youth Player Affiliation Initial Filings Due||8/11|
|Fall Schedule Posted Grade 3-8||8/22|
|Division Directors Assigned - Roster Dashboard Open||8/24|
|Start of Fall 2023 for Grades 3-8||9/9|
|Games Scheduled on Holiday Weekend Saturday||10/7|
|Referee Appreciation Weekend||10/14-15|
|Mass Youth Player Affiliation Final Filings Due||10/27|
|End of Fall 2023 Season for Grades 3-8||11/11|
Key Dates - Fall 2023 - HS Teams Grades 9-12