Below you will find the 2023 Play Off Seeds for BAYS MTOC Playoffs
Resolving Ties among playoff contenders at bottom of page
|Grade||Division||Seed||Section||Town and Team Name||Team ID|
|G06||Div 1||Seed 1||Sec A 1st Place - to MTOC||Natick Breakaways||11489|
|Wildcard||Seed 2||Sec A 2nd Place -MTOC W/C||Winchester Avalanche||31452|
|G06||Div 2||Seed 1||Sec A 1st Place||D-S Wolfpack||31736|
|Seed 2||Sec A 2nd Place||Mansfield Hornets I||3170|
|Seed 3||Sec B 1st Place||Sudbury Academy United||31778|
|Seed 4||Sec C 1st Place||Medfield Warriors 6G||733|
|Seed 5||Sec D 1st Place||Wellesley Queen Bees||30638|
|Seed 6||Sec E 1st Place||Southboro Shockers||11402|
|B06||Div 1||Seed 1||Sec A 1st Place||Wayland Strikers||32125|
|Seed 2||Sec A 2nd Place||Arlington B6 Eagles||30598|
|B06||Div 2||Seed 1||Sec A 1st Place||Framingham City||30718|
|Seed 2||Sec A 2nd Place||West Roxbury United Blue||11844|
|Seed 3||Sec B1 1st Place||Southboro Scorpions||11405|
|Seed 4||Sec B2 1st Place||Mansfield Hornets I||3232|
|Seed 5||Sec C 1st Place||A-B Wolves||11158|
|Seed 6||Sec D 1st Place||Canton Boys Grade 6 United||3982|
|G08||Div 1||Seed 1||Sec A 1st Place - to MTOC||Medfield Warriors 8G||11|
|Wildcard||Seed 2||Sec A 2nd Place - MTOC W/C||Needham Sharks||31982|
|G08||Div 2||Seed 1||Sec A 1st Place||Mansfield Hornets I||3155|
|Seed 2||Sec A 2nd Place||Natick Strikers||6180|
|Seed 3||Sec B 1st Place||Needham Thunder||31979|
|Seed 4||Sec C 1st Place||Canton Girls Grade 7/8 United||33|
|Seed 5||Sec D 1st Place||Sudbury Academy United||31781|
|Seed 6||Sec E 1st Place||Southboro Dash||31841|
|B08||Div 1||Seed 1||Sec A 1st Place||Natick United||6237|
|Seed 2||Sec A 2nd Place||Needham Crew||10609|
|B08||Div 2||Seed 1||Sec A 1st Place||Franklin Panthers||31811|
|Seed 2||Sec A 2nd Place||Wellesley Sharks||10941|
|Seed 3||Sec B 1st Place||Wayland Warriors||32776|
|Seed 4||Sec C 1st Place||West Roxbury United Blue||10938|
|Seed 5||Sec D 1st Place||Weston United||31255|
|Seed 6||Sec E 1st Place||Mansfield Hornets I||3222|
|G10||Div 1||Seed 1 - Highest D1 entry||Needham Rhinos (D1)||32917|
|Seed 2 - Other D1 entry||Walpole Timberwolves (D1)||32817|
|G10||Div 2||Seed 1 - highest D2 random draw||North Attleboro Revolution 9/10||32900|
|Seed 2 - 2nd highest D2 random draw||Westwood Wolverines||32883|
|Seed 3 3rd highest D2 random draw||Framingham Shooting Stars||32856|
|Seed 4 4th highest D2 random draw||West Roxbury United Blue GR 10||30847|
|B10||Div 1||Se Notes Seed 1||To MTOC||Dedham Grizzlies (D1)||32879|
|Wildcard||Seed 2||To MTOC Wildcard||South End Scores Rebellion (D1)||32911|
|B10||Div 2||See Notes||Seed 1 (A)||Arlington B10 Madness||32859|
|Seed 2 (B)||Weston Wildcats 10||32897|
|G12/PG||Div 1||Seed 1 - Section A1 1st Place||Declined to go|
|Seed 2 - Section A2 1st Place||Walpole Legends||32870|
|B12/PG||Div 1||Seed 1 - Section A 1st Place||Needham Thunder||32915|
|Seed 2 Section A 2nd Place||Cambridge G12A-B||32857|
Notes - Boys Grade 10. BAYS has the wildcard so we will have two D1 slots and 1 D2 slot. In section A, the top 3 teams make the playoffs unless they are all D1 declared - in which case the top two D1 and the top finishing D2 make the playoffs - details below the tiebreakers
All teams must have a .500 or better record during the regular season to enter the BAYS playoffs. In "Split Sections" - this year Boys Grade 10 div 2 Sec A has 4 D1 and 4 D2 and Girls Grade 10 div 2 sec A has 2 D1 and 10 D2 teams.. D1 calculate .500 for the entire season. D2 calculates two ways - all games or just the games against D2 opponents - if either is .500 or better, the requirement is satisfied.
Resolving ties on points 2023
These rules are invoked when there are a ties on points in a section for which there are BAYS Playoffs - these are not for President's Cup nor Section Championship T-Shirts. The order tied teams are shown on the BAYS Website is irrelevant as the BAYS website does not calculate tiebreakers. In general if there are ties for first place, the tie is broken on the field. Each following section describes the details for resolving who goes into the playoffs or MTOC and claims which seed where seeded playoffs are scheduled.
|2023 BAYS Playoff Section Tiebreaker Rules|
|Boys||Wildcard||Take||Ties Plan||Girls||Wildcard||Take||Ties Plan|
|Gr06 D1 Sec A||No||2 Teams||2NWC||Gr06 D1 Sec A||Yes||2 Teams||2WC|
|Gr06 D2 Sec A||No||2 Teams||2NWC||Gr06 D2 Sec A||No||2 Teams||2NWC|
|Gr06 D2 Sec B1,B2,C & D||No||1 Team||STD||Gr06 D2 Sec B-E||No||1 Team||STD|
|Gr08 D1 Sec A||No||2 teams||2NWC||Gr08 D1 Sec A||Yes||2 Teams||2WC|
|Gr08 D2 Sec A||No||2 Teams||2NWC||Gr08 D2 Sec A||Yes||2 Teams||2NWC|
|Gro8 D2 Sec B-E||No||1 Team||STD||Gr08 D2 Sec B-E||Yes||1 Team||STD|
|+Gr10 D2 A (4 teams declared for D1)||Yes||See +||Special 10||++Gr10 D1||No`||2 Teams||Not Possible|
|+Gr10 D2 B||No||See +||Special 10||+++Gr10 D2 Sec A||No`||4 Teams||Girls 10|
|Gr12 D1||No||2 Teams||2NWC||G12 D1 Sec A1/A2||No||1 Team||STD|
Standard tiebreaker where one team from the section goes to the playoffs or MTOC.
- Two teams tied for first place with equal number of points - single tiebreaker game determines who claims the seed from the section
- Three teams tied for first place with equal number of points. Tiebreakers rank the teams from 1 to 3. Team 2 and 3 play a single game with the winner playing team 1 for the seed from the section.
- Four teams tied for first place with equal number of points. Tiebreakers rank the teams from 1 to 4. Team 1 plays team 4 and team 2 plays team 3. The winners play and the winner of that claims the seed from the section.
This tiebreaker is where two teams are taken from a section to be placed in the playoffs.
- Two teams tied for first place with equal number of points - Tiebreakers are used to rank teams. Higher ranked team takes higher seed and lower ranked team takes lower seed.
- Three teams tied for first place with equal number of points. Tiebreakers rank the teams from 1 to 3. Team 1 takes the higher seed. Team 2 and 3 play a single game with the winner taking the lower seed.
- Four teams tied for first place with equal number of points. Tiebreakers rank the teams from 1 to 4. Team 1 plays team 4 and team 2 plays team 3. The higher surviving seed takes the higher seed (e.g. if team 2 and team 4 win the playoff games, team 2 takes the higher seed) and the lower surviving seed takes the lower seed.
- There is an outright winner and a tie on points between any number of teams for second place. The outright winner takes the higher seed. Tiebreakers rank the second place teams and the highest ranked team takes the second seed. No games needed.
This tiebreaker is where two teams are taken from a section to be placed in MTOC when BAYS has a wildcard.
- Two teams tied for first place with equal number of points - Tiebreakers are used to rank teams. Higher ranked team takes regular slot and lower ranked team takes wildcard.
- Three teams tied for first place with equal number of points. Tiebreakers rank the teams from 1 to 3. Team 1 takes the regular slot . Team 2 and 3 play a single game with the winner taking the wildcard.
- Four teams tied for first place with equal number of points. Tiebreakers rank the teams from 1 to 4. Team 1 plays team 4 and team 2 plays team 3. The higher surviving seed takes the regular slot (e.g. if team 2 and team 4 win the playoff games, team 2 takes the higher seed) and the lower surviving seed takes the wildcard.
- There is an outright winner and a tie on points between any number of teams for second place. The outright winner takes the regular slot. Tiebreakers rank the second place teams and the highest ranked team takes the wildcard. No games needed.
+ Boys Grade 10 Playoffs - BAYS has three slots to fill. Depending on what happens in Section A, will determine what happens in Section B. We look at the top 3 teams in Section A (standard tiebreakers used to rank the top 3)
Case 1 - all top 3 are D1 teams. Unless three way tie for first (in which case 2WC tiebreaker used) the top D1 goes to MTOC and the second place goes as the D1 wildcard. The top ranking D2 team plays top ranked team in B (STD tiebreaker used in B) for the D2 slot.
Case 2 there are 2 D1 teams and 1 D2 team in top 3. HIghest ranking D1 goes to MTOC, lower ranking D1 takes wildcard and D2 team plays top finisher in B for D2 slot
Case 3 there are 1 D1 teams and 2 D2 teams in top 3. D1 team goes to MTOC. Top D2 finisher plays top ranked in B for D2 slot. Lower ranking D2 team in A plays second place in B for D1 Wildcard
Case 4 all 3 top finishers are D2. Winner of A first place and B third place takes D2 slot. Winner of A second place and B second place take D1 slot and winner of A third place and B first place takes D1 Wildcard.
++ Girls Grade 10 D1 Playoffs - If both D1 teams are above .500 they have a one game playoff to determine MTOC representative
+++ Girls Grade 10 D2 Playoffs - Since it is an unequal schedule, we will take the top 4 finishers using tiebreakers to break any ties and determine who the top 4 are. There will then be a blind draw conducted by the President to determine the seeding order. The first drawn team will face the last drawn team in one semi-finals and the second and third drawn teams will play in the other semi-final.
Tiebreaker Rules from Match Rule 10 - See Match Rule 10 for additional considerations
Tie breaking will be according to the following hierarchy:
- Points in the standings
- Points awarded in common games (Points awarded in games among the tied teams)
- Most wins
- Fewest goals allowed
- Most shutouts of opponents
- Cumulative goal differential—each game differential truncated at -3 or +3 goals
- Drawing of lots